Signal Generator C.Scope SGV4-D
Signal Generator SGV4-D
The C.Scope SGV4 Signal Generator is designed for use alongside a CXL4 or DXL4 Cable Avoidance Tool. It enables significantly more underground utilities to be detected including street lighting cables.
The simultaneous dual-frequency 33kHz and 131kHz signal output of the Signal Generators is ideal for maximising the number of buried services that can be energised and then detected.
The SGV4 Signal Generator can apply the dual frequency signal without direct connection to buried services, using either a Signal Clamp or the simple induction method from ground level, providing a significant improvement in the detection of the smaller diameter or poorly earthed cables.
THREE SIGNAL APPLICATION TECHNIQUES
The SGV4 offers three alternative ways to apply a Signal Generator signal:
Direct Connection allows specific pipes or cables to be individually traced, identified and their depths measured. The use of Signal Clamps, Signal Injectors and Direct Connection leads make this mode the most effective method for pinpointing pipes and cables.
If it is difficult or inconvenient to use Direct Connection, then the Wraparound technique can be utilised to successfully energise a street or car park lighting cable.
Induction allows the Signal Generator to induce a detectable and traceable signal to previously unknown, undetected or inaccessible underground metal pipes or cables.
MAINTENANCE & CALIBRATION
As with ALL C.Scope digital Cable Avoidance Tools - no yearly calibration checks are required.
- Product name: SGV4 Signal Generator
- Part No. SGV4
- On/Off switch
- Power level: 4 available power levels via increase and decrease power buttons
- Pulse/continuity output: toggles between pulse or continuous output using one push button
- Audio/mute: toggles between loud, muted and silent audio output using one push button
- Audio feedback on button push
- Audio pitch drops with increasing load current in connected mode
- Audio pitch changes with power level in induced mode
- Audio output pulses to indicate pulsed mode
- Low battery indicated by interrupted audio and output signal
- Multi segment LCD indicating: Output frequency, Pulse mode, Continuous mode, Battery condition, Output level,Speaker mute, Self test result.
- Data connector: Standard USB Mini B connector. USB 2.0 compatible
- Output: Induced and connected = 131072Hz and 32768Hz
- Weight including batteries 3.4kg
- Dimensions: 360mm x 180mm x 230mm
- Battery Type: Internal 4 x ‘D’ (LR20) cells (either alkaline non-rechargeable or NiMH rechargeable)
- Battery life: 40 hours intermittent use at 20ºC (68ºF) using alkaline cells
- IP rating 65
- Network Rail approved